Learning Media provides an end-to-end publishing service. From the spark of an idea to a first-rate finished product. We work closely with our clients so that we can understand and respond to their needs.
Our publishing expertise and experience is far reaching: we work across a variety of media, we work in many languages, and we work for both New Zealand and international markets. We align our resources with school curricula. We connect with the latest and brightest research, theory, and practice.
- We work closely with our clients so that we can understand and respond to their needs.
- We lead and contribute to concept development, exploring and reframing ideas to help our clients define their goals.
- By leading user testing and focus groups, we understand the needs of our audiences.
- Our combined experience in selecting, editing, designing, and producing educational resources is second to none in New Zealand.
- Our project managers, web analysts, designers, editors, and production managers offer a mix of skills across print, digital, and audio media.
- In both New Zealand and international markets, we’ve built a strong network of writers, illustrators, photographers, designers, and production companies – who all contribute to our intellectual capital.
- Our connections with diverse cultural groups enrich our community-oriented projects.
- We invest in professional development so our team members use industry best practice and are lifelong learners.
- We specialise in creativity. From print to web, our resources for educators, learners, and communities are exciting and engaging.
- Our deep knowledge of pedagogy and curricula underpins all our resources. We know that our work is a bolster for effective teaching and learning.
- Our processes for managing intellectual property are secure and robust.
- Our resources win awards for content and design.
- We trial our resources in schools and communities. We use the results to make our work more effective.
- Our partnerships with schools enable us to observe and interview students and teachers as they use our resources.
- We focus on refining our skills in editing, designing, project management, and production management.
- We’re continually gaining insight into teaching and learning through our research, networks, and direct experience.
We provide services in these focus areas:
Every person has the power to be literate. We offer award-winning expertise in literacy across a variety of media and languages.
Our numeracy and mathematics resources engage learners, meet exacting standards, and reflect current thinking. Every student can be a powerful learner of mathematics.
We produce educational resources in many Pasifika languages. Our Pasifika resources enable learners to engage with Pasifika texts that reflect their experiences.
Powerful learning is connected, collaborative, and future focused. We are passionate about enabling learners and educators to be successful in an accelerating world.
We develop effective and engaging solutions for schools, whānau and communities to increase health literacy and improve health outcomes for all New Zealanders.