The Guided Reading Audio CD Collection consists of 12 carefully crafted CD recordings based on Learning Media book titles, designed for small groups of students using listening posts. These recordings will engage a group of students in a meaningful book based activity while teacher-led guided reading takes place. The Guided Reading Audio CD Collection includes 12 Guided Audio CD’s, 6 copies of 12 different book titles. (72 books in total), Teachers’ notes and printable worksheets for students. Features of Guided Reading Audio CD Collection:
- A lesson on CD to support guided reading, expertly read to engage students with the book.
- Designed to engage one group of children in a meaningful book based activity
- An in depth, guided exploration of the text
- Modelled reading to support the children in their own reading
- An extra ‘mini’ lesson to support student growth in reading (not replacing the teacher-led guided reading lesson)
Teaching Points: The lessons explicitly teach a range of text features including: – letter-sound relationships – grammar – text structure – punctuation – spelling – visual literacy – reading strategies Teacher Support: The teachers’ notes assist the teacher in organisation and provide an overview of the content of the lesson the group will be engaged in. In addition, each of the Guided Audio lessons is accompanied by a response to the reading in the form of a Black Line Master. The responses involve the students in writing with the aim of strengthening the reading/writing connection. Teacher’s Notes and Student Worksheets areavailable to download as PDF’s from www.teaching.com.au The book titles in this collection are part of the LM Literacy series published by Learning Media in New Zealand. The Guided Reading Audio CD Collection was developed by Wendy Bean, Educational Consultant, NSW.