Can a plastic bottle become part of a shirt? Can a pile of rubbish provide power for hundreds of homes? This book Recycling Rubbish answers these questions and gives information on turning rubbish into something useful.
The features of this book are:
- The range of visual features: photographs, charts, and diagrams
- Bullet points to highlight key points
- Flow charts and diagrams to clarify processes in the text
- Alliteration in chapter headings:- Stinky Smelly Stuff; Worm Work
- The captions with additional information
- Technical vocabulary:- acid rain, toxic, insulation, polyethylene, terephthalate.
Recycling Rubbish can be used to introduce and reinforce the following skills:
- Reading an informational text effectively
- Studying how the layout of a book adds to the effectiveness of the text
- Locating and recording key ideas
- Interpreting flow charts and diagrams.
Themes covered in this book are: Environment, Invention, Science and Technology
Reading Level: 31++ (Black)
Guided Reading Level30
Theme/TopicEnvironment | Invention | Science and Technology
Strategy/SkillsInformation skills | Main ideas