It takes many months and hundreds of people to make a television drama series. The Big Picture is a book that joins the cast and the crew of The Tribe to find out what life is like on a film set and how the series is transformed from the written script to the screen.
The features of this book are:
- The features of a non-fiction text:- contents page, glossary, and index
- The use of bold and italicised text
- Large, labelled photographs
- The extra information in the fact files and captions
- Daily schedule to show the sequences involved
- Quotes from production crew and actors
- Procedural text
- The varied format:- patterned backgrounds, facsimiles of documents, film frames as borders.
The Big Picture can be used to introduce and reinforce the following skills:
- Formulating questions to help locate relevant information
- Summarising information using key phrases
- Using an index to navigate text
- Reading and writing procedural text
- Creating effective flow diagrams
- Exploring different ways of presenting information.
Themes covered in this book are: Art and Activity, Careers, The Media
Reading Level: 31++ (Black)
Guided Reading Level30
Theme/TopicArts | Careers | The Media
Strategy/SkillsAsking questions | features of non-fiction | Summarising