Planet Boring is a beautifully illustrated and exciting story that the children will enjoy reading over and over again. In Planet Boring it follows Mag and alien who’s parents allow her to get out of a boring trip to planet Earth when her friend Gork wins tickets to a concert on planet Frenzzi. The trip to the concert is an adventure, but is the adventure real?
Planet Boring features:
- The science fiction genre
- The narrative structure:- orientation, problem, climax, resolution, and conclusion
- Invented compound words – thrillsuit, thrilldome, vidwall, Vibeshield
- Colloquial speech:- Knock it off! This is for real. Yeah, right! Big thrill. Way cool!
- The use of ellipses for effect and italics and capitals for emphasis
- The use of simile – as white as a slimeworm; like a twisting animal
Themes covered in this book are: Humour, Journeys, Personal Change
Reading Level:31+ (Bronze)
Guided Reading Level30
Theme/TopicHumour | Journeys | Personal Change
Strategy/SkillsAuthor's purpose | Comprehension strategies | vocabulary and word