Our Changing Earth takes readers on an exploration of the worlds glaciers, volcanoes, and earthquakes. It also explains how these awesome natural forces can create new features on the Earth’s landscape. Children will learn how the world around us is changing all the time.
The features of this book are:
- Labelled diagrams
- Cross sections
- Bulleted lists, information grids, and fact files
- Stunning photographs
- A specialised section on myths
- Specialised vocabulary:- magma, geyser, lahar.
The Changing Earth can be used to introduce and reinforce the following skills:
- Using prior knowledge to make sense of a text
- Studying the use of labelled diagrams
- Comparing different ways of presenting information
- Retrieving information and displaying it in a different format
- Reading and creating cross-section diagrams
- Creating a time line
- Exploring and writing myths.
Themes covered in this book are: Earth Science, Natural disasters, Geography
Reading Level:31+ (Bronze)
Guided Reading Level28
Theme/TopicEarth Science | Geography | Natural Disasters
Strategy/Skillsvocabulary and word