Slides come in all shapes and sizes. Some are metal, some are plastic. Some even have water. In this book a small boy explores the features of a good slide.
The features of this book are:
- The frequent use of the blends:- “sl” and “th”.
- The repetitive structure of the text to reinforce vocabulary.
- The use of photographs to support the text.
- The use of question marks and exclamation marks.
- The high-frequency words:- “you”, “That”, “This”, and “has”.
Slides can be used in a guided reading setting to introduce and reinforce the following skills and strategies:
- Blending sounds together to make a word
- Using visual clues to monitor that reading is making sense
- Using a variety of punctuation to read expressively
- Selecting information from the story for a specific purpose.
Themes covered in this book are: Leisure and Recreation
Reading Level:9-11 (Blue)
Guided Reading Level11
Theme/TopicLeisure and Recreation
Strategy/SkillsComprehension strategies | Fluency | Information skills
Dimensions165 x 145