What’s the best way to end the day? This class has the answer. At The End Of The Day describes how a class of children enjoy a massage circle at the end of their school day.
The features of this book are:
- The sequence of steps involved in making a massage circle.
- The use of photographs to support the text.
- The use of “s” to denote the plural form “hands”, “shapes”, “circles”, “fingers”, and “hugs”.
- The contractions:- “we’re”, “we’ve”, and “it’s”.
- The use of question marks and exclamation marks.
At the End of the Day can be used in a guided reading setting to introduce and reinforce the following skills and strategies:
- Recognising and reading a range of different word patterns including word endings
- Understanding the punctuation cues and their meanings
- Discussing new vocabulary and extending understanding
- Writing using pictures to support the events in the story.
Themes covered in this book are: School and Community
Reading Level:19-20 (Purple)
Guided Reading Level19
Theme/TopicSchool and Community
Strategy/SkillsExploring text structure | Exploring writers craft | Visualising
Dimensions165 x 145